Salzburg Guitar Fest 2017 – International Guitar Competition
- The 1st edition of the Salzburg Guitar Fest will include a guitar competition for the six-string classical guitar.
- The competition is open to guitarists of all ages and nationalities.
- The competition will have 3 rounds. The 1st round (eliminatory round) will be held via Youtube. The semi-final and final rounds will take place during the 1st Salzburg Guitar Fest in Wiener Saal, Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria.
- Each applicant must upload a video to Youtube. The video must be a maximum of 12 minutes playing time and a minimum of 2 contrasting styles. The title of the video should be: «Salzburg Guitar Fest 2017 / Preliminary Round / Name of applicant»
The video must be unedited (no cuts, one camera, unedited audio) and set to Public (visible to all).The performer’s body, from the top of the head to the knees, should be visible throughout the video. The performer’s hands should be visible at all times.The competition’s admin will put all preliminary round videos into a playlist on the festival’s Youtube channel.
All necessary information should be included in the video’s description. This includes the name of the composer(s), the name(s) of the work(s) and/or the name and number of the movement(s) performed in the video.
The applicant must send a link of the video to the festival’s email (email@example.com) by April 16th , 2017 at 23:59 (CET).The subject of the email must be: «Preliminary round: Applicant’s name». The participation in the Preliminary Round is free of costs. After the announcement of the Semi-finalists, each Semi-finalist can submit their registration form. Τhe submission of the registration form before the announcement of the Semi-finalist does not guarantee the participation in the Semi-final.
The semi-finalists will be announced by April 22nd, 2017. A maximum of 15 competitors will be selected to take part in the semi-final and a maximum of 5 competitors will be chosen for the final of the competition.
- Semi-finalists must perform a program of a maximum 20 minutes, including a movement or a whole sonata from the 19th, 20th or 21st Century.
- Finalists will have to perform a program of a maximum 25 minutes, including at least two contrasting styles.
- Works performed in any previous round cannot be repeated in another round. All works in all rounds must be performed from memory.
- Semi-finalists will have to submit their program for the semi-final and the final by May 7th, 2017 together with their registration to the festival.
- Prizes: 1st Prize: 2500 €, an «Alector Guitars» handmade guitar valued at 4500€, concerts in international venues, Savarez surprise package, D’Addario surprise package.
2nd Prize: 1500, Yamaha SLG200N Silent Guitar, Savarez surprise package, D’Addario surprise package €
3rd Prize: 500 € Savarez surprise package, D’Addario surprise package
- Τhe jury will consist of 5 members with established reputations in the music world. Maestro Simone Fontanelli (Composer, conductor, Senior Lecturer for Contemporary Music at the Mozarteum Salzburg) will be President of the jury
- All rounds of the competition will be judged using a points system.
- If the teacher of a competitor is in the jury, that jury member will abstain from judging his/her student.
- A prize may not be awarded if the jury sees fit. All jury decisions are final.
- The organizers of the Salzburg Guitar Fest maintain the right to record and/or livestream the semi-final and final rounds of the competition. The videos will be published at the organization’s discretion.
- For further information concerning the competition, please contact Kostas Tosidis, secretary of the competition (firstname.lastname@example.org).